Rapid Fire: Evening 2011-05-31
- As a British Government Minister declares that offensive cyber warfare is an integral part of the UK’s armory, the Ministry of Defence outline their new Materiel Strategy.
- Cassidian win contract to provide the Canadian Navy new technologies to detect and counter laser-based threats against its vessels.
- The US Navy announces that CVN 79, the 2nd Ford Class aircraft carrier, will be named the USS John F. Kennedy. It will continue the namesake legacy of the non-nuclear powered CV 67, retired in 2007.
- The U.S. Navy successfully tested the DDG 1000′s Integrated Power System (IPS) at full power at the Land Based Test Site located in Philadelphia, May 11.
- The U.S. Navy also approves ATK’s Hostile Fire Indication (HFI) capability upgrade for the AAR-47 Missile Warning System.
- Singapore’s ST Engineering announce the formation of a joint venture (JV) company with Nanyang Technological University and DSO National Laboratories. The JV will design, develop and produce advanced earth observation satellites.
- India’s Mahindra and Mahindra report a 6.4% year-on-year rise in fourth quarter net profit.
Categories: Americas - Other, Asia - Other, ATK, Boeing, Britain/U.K., Coastal & Littoral, Contracts - Awards, Daily Rapid Fire, EADS, Electronics - General, Engines & Propulsion - Naval, Forces - Air, Forces - Land, Forces - Naval, India, IT - Cyber-Security, Laser & EM Weapons, Other Weapons, Outer Space, Partnerships & Consortia, Protective Systems - Naval, Satellites & Sensors, Surface Ships - Combat, Surface Ships - Other, University-related, USA