LTM Gets $25.8M Order to Support the Fleet Readiness Center EastOct 28, 2009 10:57 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff
LTM in Havelock, NC received a $25.8 million modification to a previously awarded cost-plus-fixed-fee, indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity contract (N00421-01-D-0101) to support the Fleet Readiness Center (FRC) East at Cherry Point, NC.
The Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) in Patuxent River, MD is exercising an option on the contract for LTM to provide approximately 431,707 hours of maintenance planning and design interface technical/management support services that include evaluating initial designs and proposed design changes, maintenance planning, and sustaining maintenance plans.
The FRC East provides maintenance, engineering and logistics support primarily for US Navy and US Marine Corps aircraft…
The FRC East services the following types of aircraft and engines:
- Vertical/Short Takeoff or Landing (V/STOL): AV-8B Harrier and V-22 Osprey;
- Rotary Wing: AH-1 Cobra, UH-1 Huey, H-46 Sea Knight, various H-53 helicopters;
- In-service Repair: EA-6B Prowler, H-2 Sea Sprite, H-3 Sea King, H-60 Seahawk, C-130 Hercules;
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle/Remotely Piloted Vehicle: Assigned Depot Maintenance Manager for Logistics;
- T58 engines used in the H-46 Sea Knight, SH-3 Sea King helicopters;
- T400 engines which powers the UH-1 Huey utility and the AH-1 Cobra attack helicopters;
- F402 engines for the AV-8 Harrier; and the T64 engines for the H-53 helicopters;
- More than 16,000 types of avionics and dynamic components, such as pressurization units, air starters, valves, gauges, regulators and pneudraulic components; and
- Auxiliary power units
LTM will perform the work at Cherry Point, NC (99%) and at various locations across the USA (1%). The company expects to complete the work by October 2010.