Rapid Fire: 2010-03-01
- “Taking Back the Infantry Half-Kilometer” – US infantry poorly equipped for rifle engagements in Afghanistan?
- EADS expects final deal on A400M military transport plane; Euro 3.5 billion funding deal in works.
- US Navy, House Armed Services Committee members, clash over FY 2011 shipbuilding budget.
- ThyssenKrupp’s Swedish subsidiary Kockums to build Sweden’s next-generation submarine.
- Israel’s Plasan secures $170 million subcontract from Oshkosh to supply 1,460 M-ATV protection kits; see Oshkosh’s recent win for 1,460 M-ATVs.
- US Army’s NETFIRES non line-of-sight launch system (NLOS-LS) fails recent tests at White Sands.
- US Marines go green.
- DARPA working on foliage-penetrating radar signal processing workstation to detect infantry moving in dense foliage.