Rapid Fire: 2010-03-02Mar 01, 2010 20:06 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff
- Chinese People’s Liberation Army Senior Colonel, Liu Mingfu’s new book, “The China Dream”, reportedly argues that China must become the world’s top military power.
- Canada commits CDN $170 million over next 10 years to upgrade Defence Research and Development Canada’s (DRDC) Valcartier facility.
- US Navy’s unfunded priorities list: maintenance, parts.
- US Army makes moves to speed technology transfer to the front lines. Latest gadget: video game to teach cultural sensitivity.
- US Army is done evaluating new “Blue Force Tracker” software (FCBCB2 Joint Capabilities Release), will make a fielding decision in late summer 2010.
- US Sen. Sessions [R-AL] questions criteria for Littoral Combat Ship RFP: AL.com | YouTube video.
- BAE Systems kicks off production of UK Terrier Armored Engineering Vehicles.
- Pentagon lifts ban on accessing social networking sites for unclassified networks.
- Boeing gets A$44 million contract to increase support for Australian Army rotary wing training.