Rapid Fire 2010-05-26: GD EB’s North Kingstown FacilityMay 25, 2010 21:53 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff
- Russian-built plants in Venezuela’s Aragua state will produce Kalashnikov AK-103 assault rifles and over 50 million 7.62-mm rounds for the rifle per year.
- In 2011 Russia expects to unveil new model of the Kalashnikov assault rifle, the AK-200, based on the AK-74M but with a 60-round magazine capacity.
- General Dynamics’ Electric Boat expects to hire 450 additional workers at its North Kingstown, RI facility over the next 5 years and invest $55 million in new infrastructure as part of an expansion of the Virginia-class nuclear submarine program.
- General Dynamics IT gets $146.2 million, 3-year contract to consolidate US DoD’s IT infrastructure in the Washington, DC area to a facility in Alexandria, VA as part of BRAC implementation.
- Secure entry: BAE Systems gets $95 million order to install and maintain automated security systems to control access to US Army bases.
- United Technologies’ Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne snags a $20.3 million contract to design, develop and test a high-performance liquid upper-stage propulsion system that will support early intercept capabilities for MDA’s Ballistic Missile Defense System.