Rapid Fire: 2010-09-29Sep 28, 2010 22:40 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff
- Storm Warning: Cyber Storm III [PDF], being held this week, tests preparedness of cybersecurity personnel in the Pentagon, other US federal and state agencies, US industry, and foreign governments.
- The Supremes: US Supreme Court to hear appeal by Boeing and General Dynamics over the Pentagon’s 1991 cancellation of the $4.8 billion US Navy A-12 II Avenger attack plane.
- Deloitte: New report [PDF] identifies 5 growth areas in the aerospace and defense market: ISR, cybersecurity, government services and IT, business process improvements, and globalization and international markets.
- Azeri Rifle: Azerbaijan’s IST 12.7-caliber, 14.5-mm sniper rifle attracts interest at South African aerospace and defense conference.
- Shower a Day: GTEC snags a $26 million contract to provide shower water recycling systems for US Army in Afghanistan, the second contract this month.
- Up to $14 million to BAE Systems to provide technical services for the Tomahawk cruise missile weapon control system.
Categories: Africa - Other, Asia - Central, Bases & Infrastructure, Boeing, Conferences & Events, Daily Rapid Fire, Fighters & Attack, General Dynamics, Guns - under 20mm direct, Industry & Trends, Issues - Environmental, IT - Cyber-Security, Legal, Missiles - Precision Attack, Soldier's Gear, Support Functions - Other, USA