Rapid Fire: 2010-10-08
- Try, Try Again: After a 1-year testing hiatus because of repeated failure, Russia’s Navy successfully test-fires its Bulava (SS-NX-30) 3-stage submarine-launched ballistic missile capable of carrying 10 nuclear warheads up to 5,000 miles.
- Demolition Derby: Sweden’s Skanska receives a $164 million contract to demolish 2 existing piers and build a new Pier 5 at the US Navy’s Norfolk Naval Shipyard, VA.
- Canaveral Boost: Florida’s Port Canaveral looks to benefit from military cargo shipping business as US brings equipment, such as Stryker armored vehicles, home from Iraq.
- General Dynamics secures $39 million order to provide logistics support to the US Army 1st Theater Sustainment Command in Afghanistan.
- Spaced Out: Harris gets $25 million contract to upgrade the ground-based space control system for the USAF’s Space Superiority System Wing at Los Angeles AFB.
- iRobot snags $14 million US Army order to supply iRobot Aware 2 robot intelligence software and spare parts for the iRobot PackBot tactical mobile robot as part of the $286 million xBot contract.
Categories: Asia - Central, Bases & Infrastructure, Contracts - Awards, Daily Rapid Fire, Delivery & Task Orders, Electronics - General, General Dynamics, Logistics, Middle East - Other, Missiles - Ballistic, Nuclear Weapons, Other Corporation, Outer Space, Robots, Russia, Satellites & Sensors, Space Warfare, Submarines, Surface Ships - Other, USA