Rapid Fire: 2010-12-29Dec 28, 2010 22:49 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff
- China’s DF-21D “carrier killer” anti-ship ballistic missile is operational, judges Admiral Willard, commander of the US Pacific Command.
- In 3-part series, Deutsche Welle examines how Germany overcame taboo against deploying military forces abroad. Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- Egypt uncovers anti-aircraft missiles and other weapons buried in Sinai, destined for West Bank.
- Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan gets $130 million Type III constant pressure refueling system for large aircraft.
- Russian President Medvedev signs into law agreement allowing France to transport weapons, military equipment from Afghanistan via Russia.
- Wall Street Journal publishes internal UN maps showing deteriorating security in Afghanistan.