Rapid Fire: 2011-02-09Feb 08, 2011 21:30 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff
- US, French defense chiefs ink agreement on space situational awareness.
- Global defense firm are vying for a piece of India’s defense industry, which Boeing expects to be worth $31 billion in 10 years.
- Bridge over the River Arghandab?: Portable bridges produced by Alpha Composites help British troops in Helmand province, Afghanistan, cross short gaps in terrain.
- AAR to shut down former Blackwater operations in Currituck County, NC, affecting 260 employees.
- USMC Captain Eric Schmidt sentenced to 6 years by federal judge for skimming nearly $2 million using fraudulent military equipment orders.
- Would you like some Bubba Gump Shrimp?: The US Defense Commissary Agency is buying up Gulf seafood to serve at 72 base commissaries along the East Coast to boost the Gulf’s fishing industry.
- L-3 Communications to redeem $650 million in notes due 2015.
- US administration has been slow to implement cybersecurity protection for critical infrastructure, CSIS says [PDF].
- Do. Not. Mess. With a Gurkha. Not even if you have 39 friends behind you. Good on his regiment, too…
Categories: Alliances, Bases & Infrastructure, Boeing, Britain/U.K., Corporate Financials, Daily Rapid Fire, Food-related, France, India, Industry & Trends, IT - Cyber-Security, L3 Communications, Leadership & People, Legal, Logistics, Mergers & Acquisitions, Outer Space, Policy - Personnel, Satellites & Sensors, Scandals & Investigations, USA