Up to $19.2M to VSE for US Army Vehicle Corrosion Protection
VSE Corp. received a 2nd task order under the US Army’s Program Executive Office for Combat Support and Combat Service Support (PEO CS&CSS) Omnibus III Contract (W56HZV-09-A-A906) to manage and operate the US Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM)/Tank Automotive Research, Development, and Engineering Center (TARDEC) Corrosion Prevention and Control (CPAC) program [pdf].
The total contract value over the base period and 2 option years is $19.2 million, with the base period valued at $5.37 million.
The PEO CS&CSS Omnibus III contract vehicle, which provides logistics, programmatic, and technical services to the PEO CS&CSS, consists of 8 indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity contracts with a 5-year period of performance, including options.
The other 7 prime contractors [pdf] include:
- Baum, Romstedt Technology Research Corp. in Fairfax, VA (W56HZV-09-A-A909);
- Booz Allen Hamilton in McLean, VA (W56HZV-09-A-A901);
- Camber Corp. in Huntsville, AL (W56HZV-09-A-A905);
- DRS Technical Services in Alexandria, VA (W56HZV-09-A-A902);
- ICI Services in Dumfries, VA (W56HZV-09-A-A903);
- Innovative Logistics Techniques in McLean, VA (W56HZV-09-A-A907);
- Jacobs Technology in Southfield, MA (W56HZV-09-A-A904);
- MTS Technologies in Arlington, VA (W56HZV-09-A-A908);
- PD Systems Inc. in Alexandria, VA (W56HZV-09-A-A910);
- Qualis Corp. in Huntsville, AL (W56HZV-09-A-A911);
- Tec-Masters in Huntsville, AL (W56HZV-09-A-A912)
VSE has managed and operated the Army’s CPAC program since 2005. VSE and teammates Logis-Tech, DCM Clean-air Products, and Field Data Technologies operate the CPAC program at the following Army facilities:
- Fort Bragg, NC;
- Fort Polk, LA;
- Fort Hood, TX;
- Schofield Barracks, HI;
- Torii Station, (Okinawa) Japan; and
- Camp Carroll/Camp Casey, South Korea.
To accommodate the CPAC work, VSE has recently opened a corrosion prevention operation in Fort Stewart, GA, and another location is planned for the Port of Charleston, SC. VSE also continues to conduct corrosion comparison testing in facilities based in Alaska.
Products that VSE uses for corrosion protection include T-32, a rust inhibitor, and reusable anti-corrosion covers that can protect metals and elastomeric materials for up to 10 years. Anticorrosion cover material can be shaped to fit over a tank-sized vehicle and protect it in an outdoor equipment yard.
Along with ground support equipment, the VSE team will initiate CPAC treatments on Patriot missile systems for the US Army Aviation and Missile Command (AMCOM) in Okinawa, Japan this year. AMCOM anticipates expanding the program into South Korea next year.