Up to $200M to GD Team to Manage US Army Live Training SystemsDec 02, 2009 16:50 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff
A General Dynamics C4 Systems-led team won a 5-year, indefinite delivery/ indefinite quantity contract, worth up to $200 million, to manage US Army live training systems.
Under the contract, the General Dynamics team will help the Army consolidate and manage the diverse elements of its live combat training system product lines.
The contract is a Consolidated Product-line Management (CPM) contract awarded by the US Army Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI) Program Manager for Training Devices (PM TRADE)…
PM TRADE provides instrumented training systems for the Army. PM TRADE’s mission is to develop, acquire, field and sustain interoperable live training systems for use at homestation, combat training centers (CTCs), and deployed sites.
The PM TRADE live combat training system product lines include:
- Aerial Weapons Scoring System integration with Long Bow Apache Tactical Engagement Simulation Systems (AWSS-LBA-TESS)
- Armored Security Vehicle Multiple Laser Engagement System (ASV MILES)
- Battlefield Effects Simulator (BES)
- Counter Improvised Explosive Device (C-IED)
- Counter Radio Electronic Warfare 2 (CREW2)
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Aviation
- Improvised Explosive Device Effects Simulator (IEDES)
- Improved Target Acquisition System-Tactical Engagement Simulation System Field Training System (ITAS-TESS FTS)
- Longbow Apache Tactical Engagement Simulation System (LBA TESS)
- MK-19 Simulation Player Unit (SPU)
- Mobile Gun System Tactical Engagement Simulation System (MGS TESS)
- Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System for Foreign Military Sales (MILES for FMS)
- Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System-Independent Target System/Wireless Independent Target System (MILES-ITS/WITS)
- Instrumentable Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System-Combat Vehicle System (IMILES-CVS)
- Instrumentable Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System-Individual Weapon System (IMILES-IWS)
- Instrumentable Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System-Shoulder Launched Munitions (IMILES-SLM)
- Instrumentable Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System-Universal Control Device/Micro-Controller Device (IMILES-UCD/MCD)
- One Tactical Engagement Simulation System (OneTESS)
- Soldier Systems Integration Tactical Engagement Simulation System (SSI TESS)
- Stryker Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM)
- Stryker Multiple Laser Engagement System (MILES) XXI
- Stryker Anti Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) Stryker Tow Simulator (STS)
- Training Improvised Explosive Device (T-IED)
- Vehicle Instrument Interface Package (VIIP)
General Dynamics C4 Systems is the prime contractor for CPM program. Team members include:
- Big Lever Software in Austin, TX;
- Cole Engineering Services in Orlando, FL;
- General Dynamics Information Technology in Orlando, FL;
- Inter-Costal Electronics in Mesa, AZ;
- nFocus Software, Phoenix, AZ;
- Raytheon in Orlando, FL;
- Riptide Software in Orlando, FL;
- Science Applications International Corp. in Orlando, FL; and
- Scientific Research Corp. in Orlando, FL.
General Dynamics C4 Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, has received 2 initial task orders, under the CPM contract, valued at $23 million.
The benefits of the CPM contract include reducing fielding time, minimizing acquisition costs, lowering total ownership costs and promoting the reuse of software and hardware components for training systems. The contract also provides a framework for the management and delivery of products and support to homestation and combat training centers worldwide.