Up to $25M to SAIC for US Navy Region Southeast IT ServicesNov 29, 2009 10:28 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff
Science Applications International Corp (SAIC) received a task order to provide a range of IT services to the US Navy Region Southeast (NRSE).
The task order, awarded under the GSA Millennia Lite Government Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), has a 1-year base period of performance, two 1-year options and a contract value of $25 million, if all options are exercised.
With a program ceiling of $20 billion, Millennia Lite is a multiple award, indefinite delivery/ indefinite quantity GWAC providing IT services under 4 functional areas: IT capital planning, studies, and assessments; high-end IT services; mission support services; and legacy systems migration and new enterprise systems development…
Under the task order, SAIC will provide NRSE with intranet and information assurance support, application portfolio management, and consolidation of cyber assets. SAIC will also support the Navy’s Emergency Response Management System and E911 Call Dispatch Center.
NRSE is one of 13 Navy regions that provide shore installation management support under the Commander, Navy Installations Command. SAIC will perform the work under its Millennia Lite GWAC (GS-07T00BGD0028) at US Navy installations in the southeastern US and parts of the Caribbean.
Facilities in the Navy Region Southeast include:
- Naval Air Station Jacksonville, FL
- Naval Air Station Key West, FL
- Naval Station Mayport, FL
- Naval Station Roosevelt Roads, Puerto Rico
- Naval Station Pascagoula, MS
- Naval Base Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- Submarine Base Kings Bay, GA
- Naval Weapons Station Charleston, SC
- Naval Construction Battalion Center, Gulfport, MS
- Public Works Center Jacksonville, FL
- Naval Hospital Charleston, SC
- Naval Hospital Jacksonville, FL
- Navy Dental Center, Jacksonville, FL
NRSE’s mission is to enhance combat readiness through effective management of shore installations, while preserving the resources necessary to secure future forces.