Up to $300M to 7 Firms for Military Utilities Construction in US Southwest
The US Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Southwest in San Diego, CA awarded 7 firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity multiple award construction contract for new construction and repair of dry utilities construction at US military facilities in the US Southwest.
The maximum dollar value for all 7 contracts combined is $300 million. The terms of the contracts are not to exceed 60 months, with an expected completion date of April 2015.
The work to be performed provides for new construction, addition, repair, or upgrade of electrical distribution systems, lighting systems, cable television lines, airfield lighting, and communication transmission lines.
The winners are:
- Baldi Bros., a small business qualifier in Beaumont, CA (N62473-10-D-5479);
- Dynalectric in San Diego, CA (N62473-10-D-5480);
- NEI Contracting and Engineering, a small business qualifier in San Diego, CA (N62473-10-D-5481);
- RQ-Berg Joint Venture in Carlsbad, CA (N62473-10-D-5482);
- Stronghold Engineering in Riverside, CA (N62473-10-D-5483);
- Syska Hennessey Group Construction in Los Angeles, CA (N62473-10-D-5484); and
- Watts Constructors in Honolulu, HI (N62473-10-D-5485).
These 7 contractors may compete for task orders under the terms and conditions of the awarded contract. Work will be performed in California (83%), Arizona (12%), Nevada (2%), Utah (1%), Colorado (1 percent), and New Mexico (1 percent).
This contract was competitively procured via the Navy Electronic Commerce Online Web site with 26 proposals received by NAVFAC Southwest.