Up to $300M to 7 Firms for US Navy Wet Utilities Construction
The US Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Southwest awarded 7 firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity multiple award construction contracts for wet utilities construction at various US Navy facilities in the US Southwest.
The maximum dollar value, including the base period and 4 option years, for all 7 contracts combined is $300 million.
Wet utilities construction involves work, additions, alteration, and repair of water, steam, and sewer networks. The 7 winners of the construction contracts are…
- RQ/FILANC I Joint Venture in Carlsbad, CA (N62473-10-D-5414);
- EPC Corp. (small business qualifier) in Glendale, AZ (N62473-10-D-5415);
- Hal Hays Construction (small business qualifier) in Riverside, CA (N62473-10-D-5416);
- Reyes Construction (small business qualifier) in Pomona, CA (N62473-10-D-5417);
- Watts Constructors in Honolulu, HI (N62473-10-D-5418);
- Orion Construction Corp. (small business qualifier) in Vista, CA (N62473-10-D-5419); and
- Tetra Tech/Pascal & Ludwig Joint Venture in Irvine, CA (N62473-10-D-5425).
The companies will compete for contracts to perform work on water, steam, sewer, and storm sewer lines; wells, mains, pumping stations, treatment plants, storage tanks and facilities; and related work. The contracts do not include waterfront-related construction or oil and gas pipeline construction.
Work will be performed at various federal sites within the NAVFAC Southwest area of responsibility, including California (83%), Arizona (12%), Nevada (2%), Utah (1%), Colorado (1%), and New Mexico (1%).
The term of the contracts are not to exceed 60 months, with an expected completion date of March 2015. These contracts were competitively procured via the Navy Electronic Commerce Online Web site, with 30 proposals received by NAVFAC Southwest in San Diego, CA.