Up to $90M to Harris for USMC Multiband Radio Vehicular Installation Kits
Harris Corp.’s RF Communications Division in Rochester, NY received a 5-year, $90 million ceiling firm-fixed-priced, indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity contract for up to 3,385 AN/PRC-117F multiband radio vehicular installation kits from the US Marine Corps Systems Command (MARCORSYSCOM) in Quantico, VA. In addition, Harris will provide associated documentation, technical and training support, training manuals, spares, and other ancillary items.
Harris also recently received a contract worth up to $419 million to supply the next-generation Falcon III AN/PRC-117G multiband tactical manpack radios and vehicular power-amplifier adapter systems. “US Contracts for Next-Gen Tactical Radio Upgrades” has more on next-generation tactical radios.
The Falcon III AN/PRC-117F [pdf] is a multiband manpack software-defined radio covering the 30 MHz to 512 MHz frequency spectrum…
In its solicition (M67854-09-R-7028) for the AN/PRC-117F kits, MARCORSYSCOM said that the vehicular installation kit needed to have the following characteristics:
- receiver-transmitter interface that will support the AN/PRC-117F and provide a minimum of 3 antenna ports capable of providing support to VHF FM 30-90 MHz, UHF Line of Sight 225-512 MHz, and UHF satellite communications;
- power amplifier that will be incrementally selectable up to 50 watts;
- capability to integrate a VHF 30-90 MHz collocation filter and a UHF 225-512 MHz collocation filter;
- capability to receive 24-28 VDC power input;
- adaptable and flexible base for integration with current and future USMC vehicle platforms; and
- compliance with US military equipment standard MIL-STD-810G.
Harris will perform the work in Rochester, NY and expects to complete it by October 2014. MARCORSYSCOM manages the contract (M67854-10-D-7000).