Rapid Fire 2011-12-29: Dancing with the Stars
- The Pentagon is to modestly reduce the number of its top-ranked officers, after a decade of “star creep.”
- How do you squeeze a Merlin AW101 helicopter into a C17? The BBC explains with a timelapse video and helpful charts.
- Some British soldiers are complaining that their new Personal Clothing System (PCS) makes them look American, which is apparently not a flattering statement.
- Turkey has frozen political and military relations with France because of the French recognition of the Armenian genocide as such. Back in September Turkey suspended its defense ties with Israel, though last week coordination between their respective air forces was reestablished.
- How will the United States’ AirSea Battle work-in-progress doctrine affect Japan?
- Kit Up‘s advice on Carl Gustaf tactical employment: learn to use it or someone is going to get hurt, and not just the intended target.