What’s in Store for Excess MRAPs?
- The US government is reportedly considering giving (or selling?) 160 MaxxPro leftover MRAPs to Pakistan. This would be a curious outcome, given how much Pakistan got in the way of affordable exit logistics during the past several years, leading to the scrapping of many MRAPs. And India wouldn’t like it.
India Buys Russian Shells
- India signed an order for Rs 2,600 crore (~$432M) to buy 66,000 anti tank shells, reports Brahmand.
- According to USNI News the Pentagon’s finalized unfunded wishlist appended to its FY15 budget doesn’t feature a line item for the refueling of USS George Washington (CVN-73), unlike the Navy’s own submission to the Defense Department.
Marines Still Want an ACV
- USMC Commandant Gen. James Amos was at the Atlantic Council earlier this week (video) and mentioned the Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV) as a program making good progress. Breaking Defense has a few additional details on what it might look like, but it’s still several years out.
3rd Gowind Export Sale
- After Malaysia and Egypt, Uruguay is lining up as another customer for DCNS’ Gowind offshore patrol vessels. They still have to finalize contrat terms, and may opt for leasing instead of buying. La Tribune [in French].
Libya in Hindsight
- In today’s video the Libertarian CATO Institute asks whether the military intervention in Libya succeeded: