West, Russia Jaw-Jaw Another Toothless Agreement over Ukraine
- BBC: Ukraine crisis: Deal to ‘de-escalate’ agreed in Geneva.
- USA Today: Obama skeptical over Ukraine deal.
- FT: Russia’s Vladimir Putin still has friends in the west. A fact Russia’s ITAR-TASS news agency is quick to highlight.
- CBS/AP: Pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine thumb noses at interim deal.
- Kyiv Post: Security Service of Ukraine ramping up security operations in Kharkiv Oblast, plans to cordon off separatists in Donetsk.
- RIA Novosti: Russian Defense Ministry Placed $140M Order at Crimean Shipyard. Earlier this week the ministry had announced a $470M contract for 16 MiG-29 SMTs.
2013 Selected Acquisition Reports
- The Pentagon released their summary of last year’s SAR report, though they’re again behind the GAO.
- The Philippines seems to have had a change of heart and will reportedly pursue the acquisition of a 3rd Hamilton Class cutter from the US, to be added to the 2 frigates they already procured that way.
- Thailand and BAE Systems are discussing the local construction under license of a 2nd offshore patrol vessel for the Thai Navy. Exporting ships in the class to neighbor countries is also under discussion.
Dassault Touts Its Wares
- Today’s video from Dassault shows a formation flight they set up with a Rafale, a Neuron UAV, and a Falcon 7X business jet, followed by a behind-the-scenes explanation from Air & Cosmos: