Rapid Fire: 2010-02-25Feb 24, 2010 21:03 UTC
- Pentagon officials brief Congress on terms of $35 billion aerial tanking competition, release final RFP.
- Spanish defense minister says 7 member governments backing the A400M military transport plane have reached agreement in principle. Details said to be forthcoming on Thursday.
- Israel’s “Iron Dome” rocket/artillery defense system faces skepticism in Israel.
- US Army’s new Afghan airdrop system: just heave it out the door…
- US Army Patriot missiles headed to Poland in April 2010.
- UK parliamentary panel criticizes Defense Ministry for losing track of sensitive equipment and wasting hundreds of millions of British pounds.
- BAE brings cutting edge “shake, rattle and roll” testing equipment to UK from USA; aimed at Warrior WCSP and FRES-Scout armored vehicle programs.
- New engine support contract for France’s Rafale – or just approval to negotiate one?
- USAF STRATCOM may have lifted its thumb drive ban – but the US Army hasn’t.