Rapid Fire: 2010-02-26Feb 25, 2010 21:22 UTC
- Raytheon team snags $886.4 million contract for GPS OCX advanced control segment.
- PWC reports that aerospace & defense mergers hit a record low in 2009. It wasn’t a good deal year for the chemicals sector, either, but transport and logistics was busy in Q4.
- Portsmouth becomes 5th of 6 UK shipyards involved in building Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carriers, while Britain’s Conservative Party wants to know more about cancellation options. DID has in-depth coverage of the CVF carriers.
- Harris gets $78 million order for MRAP radios.
- Der Spiegel: A330 flight 447 from Rio to Paris may give new meaning to the term “software crash”; expect blowback into KC-X aerial tanker competition.
- General Dynamics NASSCO delivers USNS Matthew Perry, the 9th T-AKE supply ship, to US Navy’s Military Sealift Command.
- German Army report criticizes the NH90 helicopter for limited capabilities and other deficiencies.
- US Army releases RFP for next-generation armored vehicles.
- Frost & Sullivan: Indian Army’s land combat systems modernization to generate $33.76 billion in revenues.