Rapid Fire: 2010-11-16Nov 15, 2010 21:57 UTC
- Britain’s Chiefs of Defence Staffs say ‘no, really, the SDSR is all right….’
- US permanent rep to NATO, Ivo Daalder, makes case for a NATO missile defense system as leaders prepare for summit in Lisbon this week.
- Sitting this one out: Australian Collins-class diesel-electric sub HMAS Dechaineux in sitting out the Royal Australian Navy’s annual anti-submarine warfare exercises after colliding with a tug while departing its berth at Fleet Base West in Perth. It’s not a defect, but it’s not good news for Australia’s thin submarine force.
- Crash program: As many as 60 Indian military aircraft have crashed over the last 3 years, according to Defense Minister Antony.
- Uncle Sam Wants You: CACI gets $75 million contract to support DoD’s virtual interactive processing system for new recruits.
- Harris wins $77 million contract to supply IT infrastructure to the recently relocated US Army Materiel Command at Redstone Arsenal, AL.
- E-6B TACAMO strategic command aircraft Block 1 upgrades head into OpEval.
- In its 6th flight test, the Raytheon/Boeing JAGM team fires a missile with the new rocket motor installed. JAGM represents the lion’s share of future American precision attack missiles.
- Up to $14 million to SAIC to provide IT services to US Army 513th Military Intelligence Brigade at Fort Gordon, GA, and the brigade’s US Central Command operations.