Rapid Fire 2011-03-16: Brazilian ObsolescenceMar 15, 2011 21:40 UTC
- UK Defence Secretary Liam Fox says preliminary government approval of $30 billion plan to modernize 4 Vanguard-class SSBNs is expected soon.
- Northrop Grumman board OKs spinoff of Huntington Ingalls Industries shipbuilding unit to NG shareholders.
- Brazil’s military hardware is obsolete and not fit for deployment, according to Defense Ministry sources.
- Israeli naval commandos commandeer a cargo ship sailing from Turkey to Egypt with weapons bound for Gaza.
- Mile Marker secures $6.8 million in contracts to supply hydraulic winches to the US Army Tank-Automotive Armament Command (TACOM).
- Telos gets $4 million task order to provide cybersecurity services to the Defense Manpower Data Center under the $9 billion NETCENTS contract.