Rapid Fire Morning 2011-06-17: EU Space Resource PoolingJun 17, 2011 12:35 UTC
- Congressional lawmakers from Texas urge the Homeland Security Secretary to provide more unmanned aircraft systems for the border with Mexico.
- The investigation that has grounded all Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptors has widened beyond the onboard oxygen generating system (OBOGS).
- Defence Watch reports that General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada remains tight-lipped on the products it intends to submit for the country’s Close Combat Vehicle program.
- The European Defence Agency (EDA) and European Space Agency (ESA) are set to sign a cooperative agreement at the Paris Air Show. The agreement will look at opportunities for the pooling and sharing of resources and the exploration of an EU space situational awareness capability.
- Germany opens its Cyber Defense Center in Bonn. The Center forms part of the German government’s strategy for dealing with cyber threats and will be integral to safeguarding its administrative networks from attack.
- The final day of Europe’s UAS Conference 2011 covered pilot training for medium-altitude-long-endurance (MALE) UAVs and provided an overview of General Atomics Aeronautical Systems’ portfolio beyond the Predator.
- Danger Room reports on Microsoft’s collaboration with the U.S. Army to overcome one of the soldier’s greatest fears – death by PowerPoint. See also How to Prepare More Powerful Presentations.