Unmanned Systems: FAA Test Sites, DoD RoadmapDec 31, 2013 14:55 UTC
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) announced the 6 sites selected for UAS research: University of Alaska, State of Nevada, New York’s Griffiss International Airport, North Dakota Department of Commerce, Texas A&M University, and Virginia Tech. Nevada is also one of 3 states where self-driving cars can be licensed.
- We missed the Pentagon’s updated long term unmanned system roadmap last week, so here it is [PDF]. After a drop to $4.1B in total UAS funding in FY14, budgets are planned to rebound to the $4.7B-$5.3B/year range over the following 4 years.
- Oskar Levander from Rolls Royce thinks it’s time to have a debate about remote-controlled ships.
- Today’s video reviews the state of self-driving cars:
- From USNI, a quick wrap-up of this year’s US Navy acquisition developments.
Continue Reading… »