- Bombardier’s top executives told investors that a plan to build Q400 turboprop aircraft in Russia was being delayed. A letter of intent signed in August last year envisioned the sale of as many as 100 planes for more than $3B.
- Reuters: Vladimir Putin looks to Asia as West threatens to isolate Russia. Vasily Kashin from Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies (CAST) is quoted as saying: “The worse Russia’s relations are with the West, the closer Russia will want to be to China. If China supports you, no one can say you’re isolated.” Putin and Xi Jinping’s meeting in May will be well worth paying attention to.
- Daily Beast: U.S. Eyes Russian Spies Infiltrating Ukraine.
- KyivPost: In addition to military, Russia rolls out usual economic attacks.
- What’s left of Ukraine signed the cooperation deal with the European Union whose cancellation precipitated the EuroMaidan protests last year. The EU is looking at rushing (by its speed standards) similar cooperation agreements with what’s left of Georgia and Moldova.
- The Russian flag is now officially flying at the Nakhimov Naval School in Sevastopol, as shown in the video of the handover.
Continue Reading… »