Git Rockin’ 2007 Prepares to Amp Up
Government Information Group will host GIT Rockin’ 2007, government IT’s 2nd annual battle of the bands that showcases the alter egos and talents of professionals from across the government information technology community. The finalist bands were chosen in a “blind panel” judging, and had to include two members of the government IT community (government and vendor executives were both eligible to participate).
Proceedings will be kicked off by Australian-born Specialist Vicki Golding of the D.C. National Guard’s 257th Army Band, winner of the 2006 Military Idol competition. The selected GIT Tockin’ bands and their affiliations include:
- The DISA-Peering Act (Verizon Business at DISA, Unisys at TSA, Canadian Army Special Ops for the JTF at DISA HQ, USMC for the JTF at DISA HQ). Our favorite band name;
- The Groove (EMC Software, Formatta Corporation);
- The Moogly Blues Band (VDOT, VITA);
- Outta Scope (NIH, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, DOD/State Department, WTEC) Does this band go to 11?; and
- Tacocat (AT&T Government Solutions, Perot Systems Government Services, Skjei Telecom)
The event will be hosted on Thursday, Oct 18/07 at the State Theater in Falls Church, Virginia. Tickets are $20 each, with an event maximum of 800 tickets. Proceeds from all ticket and band voting sales will be donated to the United Services Organization of Metropolitan Washington (USO-Metro). Git your tickets here.