2007-04: Multinational Orders for AIM-9X Missiles
Raytheon Missile Systems in Tucson, AZ received a $59.5 million modification to a previously awarded firm-fixed-price contract (N00019-07-C-0008), exercising an option for the Lot 7 production of AIM-9X Sidewinder short-range air-air missiles (SRAAMs).
The order includes both battle-ready missiles and Captive Air Training Missiles (CATMs), which have a full seeker head to help keep score but leave out the rocket motor and warhead. The Naval Air Systems Command in Patuxent River, MD issued the contracts, and customers include:
- U.S. Air Force (17 + 15 containers; $3.1M, 5.2%)
- U.S. Navy (1 missile; $172,475, 0.3%)
- Finland (F/A-18 C/D Hornets, 100 + 40 CATM + 39 containers; $25.7M, 43.2%)
- Singapore (F-16s and F-15SGs, 40 + 20 CATM + 15 containers; $16.3M, 27.4%)
- Switzerland (F/A-18 C/D Hornets, 1 Lot – quantity classified + 18 containers; 14.2M, 23.9%).