Marines Gotta Eat: Sodexho Operates USMC Mess Halls in CONUSSep 27, 2009 16:38 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff
Sodexho Management in Gaithersburg, MD received a $78.9 million contract modification to provide food services to the US Marine Corps and manage and operate their mess halls in the Eastern US. To date, the overall contract (M00027-02-C-0001) value is $508 million.
Sodexho also operates USMC mess halls in the Western US under a similar contract (M00027-02-C-0002). The company received a $71.6 million contract modification for the Western US food service and mess hall management. To date, this contract value is $464.6 million. In total, the contractor operates 66 USMC mess halls across CONUS.
In the Eastern US, Sodexho operates mess halls at the following USMC facilities…
USMC installations [PDF] covered by the East Coast contract include:
- Marine Barracks at 8th & I Sts. in Washington, DC;
- Henderson Hall in Arlington, VA;
- Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA;
- Marine Corps Security Force Battalion in Norfolk, VA;
- Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island in Beaufort, SC;
- Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort in Beaufort, SC;
- Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, NC;
- Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point in Havelock, NC;
- Marine Corps Auxillary Landing Field in Bogue, NC; and
- Marine Corps Air Station New River in New River, NC
Sodexho will perform the work under the contract modification in Washington DC (5%); Arlington, VA (5%); Quantico, VA (15%); Norfolk, VA (5%); Jacksonville, NC (40%); Havelock, NC (5%); Parris Island, SC (20%); and Beaufort, SC (5%). Work under this contract modification is expected to be completed by Sept 30/10.
This modification exercises the 3rd option year (FY 10 requirements) to a previously awarded fixed-price-incentive contract. The Regional Contracting Office (Southeast) at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, NC manages the contract.