Tepa to Build Battalion Complex at Ford Carson, CO
Tepa EC in Colorado Springs, CO received a $15.3 million firm-fixed-price contract for the construction of a battalion complex, company operation facility, and unmanned vehicle hangar at Fort Carson, CO.
Fort Carson is located on the south side of Colorado Springs, CO, in El Paso County. The US Army installation stretches south along Interstate 25 into Pueblo and Fremont counties.
Fort Carson houses the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, 43 ASG, and 10 Special Forces. As a result, the base has several vehicle maintenance facilities for tanks and other tracked and wheeled vehicles. A complete tank engine depot maintenance and dynamometer testing facility is also located at the fort…
In addition, the Butts Army Air Field is an active runway and hangar facility used primarily by Army rotary-wing aircraft.
Fort Carson military operations and tenant activities include:
- Army and Air Force Exchange;
- Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office;
- Pacific Architects and Engineers (which provide operations and maintenance support to the installation);
- medical detachment and dental activity;
- Colorado Air National Guard Explosive Ordnance Detachment;
- Navy Construction Battalion (Seabees);
- Directorate of Logistics;
- Directorate of Public Works;
- Directorate of Planning, Training, and Management – Range Control;
- Directorate of Environmental Compliance and Management;
- 759th Military Police Battalion;
- 52 Engineering Battalion; and
- 4th ENGR and DIV ENGR.
In its 2005 BRAC Recommendations, the US Department of Defense (DoD) recommended relocating a Brigade Combat Team and Unit of Employment Headquarters to Fort Carson, CO. DoD’s review of community infrastructure revealed no significant issues regarding the ability of the community to support forces, missions, and personnel.
Tepa expects to complete construction of the new Fort Carson facilities by June 30/11. Bids were solicited via the web with 3 bids received by the US Army Corps of Engineers Omaha District, Omaha, NE (W912HN-08-D-0022).