US Army’s HR Support: $1.3B to 12 Firms for Studies & Analysis
With over a half million US soldiers in uniform, the US Army has the formidable task of providing human resources (HR) services to all of them. To help with this massive HR requirement, the Army uses contractors.
The primary office that handles HR outsourcing is the Army’s HRsolutions Program Office launched in 2004. HRsolutions manages 4 competitively awarded HR contracts in the areas of studies and analysis, recruitment and retention, personnel services and support, and management and administrative support.
HRsolutions recently awarded 12 multiple-award indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity contracts for the HR studies and analysis program, worth up to $1.3 billion in total, for the period 2010-2015. The office expects to award HR contracts in the other areas in the next few months.
The studies and analysis contracts have a 1-year base period and 4 one-year options. The winners of the contracts are:
- Armed Forces Services Corp. (W91WAW-10-D-0005)
- ASM Research (W91WAW-10-D-0001)
- BCP International (W91WAW-10-D-0008)
- Booz Allen Hamilton (W91WAW-10-D-0007)
- Cline-Morin Associates (W91WAW-10-D-0013)
- IBM Corp. (W91WAW-10-D-0006)
- ICF Incorporated (W91WAW-10-D-0003)
- IIF Data Solutions (W91WAW-10-D-0004)
- JBR Resources (W91WAW-10-D-0009)
- Management Analysis Technologies (W91WAW-10-D-0014)
- Management Support Technology (W91WAW-10-D-0010)
- Serco (W91WAW-10-D-0002)
The contractors will compete for task orders in the business planning and research and evaluations categories.
Tasks that the companies will perform in the business planning category include process re-engineering, life cycle support and planning, structuring, acquiring, distributing, deploying, policy analysis, compensation, manpower requirements, and trend analysis. Tasks in the research and evaluation category cover training, policy development, proof of concept studies, program analysis, risk management and mitigation, data modeling and management, predictive modeling, and communication systems enhancement.
- US Army – HRsolutions Contractors
- Management Analysis Technologies (Feb 17/10) – MAT, Inc. Awarded Contract to Provide Services for the U.S. Army’s HRsolutions Program Office
- Data Recognition Corp (Feb 17/10) – DRC Awarded Contract to Provide Services for the U.S. Army’s HRsolutions Program Office Studies & Analysis Program
- MorganFranklin (Jan 29/10) – MorganFranklin Partners with ICF International to Support U.S. Army HRsolutions Contract
- FedBizOpps (Jan 27/10) – HRsolutions Studies & Analysis contracts (partial list)