US Missile Defense: Up to $861M for Small Businesses
The US Missile Defense Agency (MDA) recently announced the competitive award of 5 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contracts for advisory and assistance services, under Small Business Set-Aside Request for Proposal HQ0147-09-R-0001. Under this 5-year $861.1 million multiple-award contract, the 5 qualified small businesses will compete for task orders to provide engineering, technical analysis and support, scientific, systems engineering, test planning, and test execution activities in support of America’s Ballistic Missile Defense Systems. In theory, it’s possible for one firm to win every task order, and bill the maximum amount. In practice, that doesn’t happen.
The MDA’s Directorates for Engineering, Test, Advanced Technology, and Information Management and Technology Operations will request these task orders as needed, until the contract expires in March 2016. The MDA’s Engineering and Support Services Program Office will manage the task order process, and commit Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) funds. Work will be performed in Huntsville, AL; Colorado Springs, CO; and Arlington, VA. Winners include:
- COLSA Corp. in Huntsville, AL (HQ0147-11-D-0005)
- Engineering Research and Consulting, Inc. in Huntsville, AL (HQ0147-11-D-0006)
- Millennium Engineering and Integration Co. in Arlington, VA (HQ0147-11-D-0007)
- Torch Technologies, Inc. in Huntsville, AL (HQ0147-11-D-0008)
- DCS Corp. in Alexandria, VA (HQ0147-11-D-0009).