Up to $350M to 7 Small Businesses for USAF Environmental Remediation Support
The US Air Force Center for Engineering and the Environment (AFCEE) in Brooks City-Base, TX awarded indefinite delivery/ indefinite quantity contracts worth up to $350 million to 7 small business qualifiers to provide environmental restoration and remediation support.
The awards are under the Environmental, Construction and Operations & Services 2009 (ECOS09) contract vehicle, which is a tool for AFCEE to provide US government customers’ access to competent small business contractors to satisfy their construction and environmental operations and services needs.
And the small business winners are…
- BEM-Bay West JV in St Paul, MN (FA8903-10-D-8593);
- CAPE in San Antonio, TX (FA8903-10-D-8595);
- North Wind in Idaho Falls, ID (FA8903-10-D-8597);
- Sullivan-Weston Services JV in San Diego, CA (FA8903-10-D-8599);
- Bhate Environmental Associates in Birmingham, AL (FA8903-10-D-8594);
- HydroGeoLogic in Reston, VA (FA8903-10-D-8596); and
- Oneida Total Integrated Enterprises in Milwaukee, WI (FA8903-10-D-8598).
The ECOS09 contract vehicle includes construction, repair, and demolition work for both traditional and environmental projects. Work ordered under the contract will be in support of the worldwide AFCEE mission. In addition, this contract will provide operations and services for environmental conservation, compliance, pollution prevention and clean-up activities, and will include ordnance removal and disposal, and energy management.
The ECOS09 program is the follow-on to the ECOS contract vehicle, which also included construction, repair, and demolition work for both traditional and environmental projects, as well as for force protection and homeland security projects. ECOS contracts were also awarded to 7 small business qualifiers; 2 of the ECOS contract winners – CAPE and HydroGeoLogic – also won ECOS09 contracts. The ECOS program ceiling was $150 million, with the potential to increase to $375 million.