Up to $900M for NAVFAC Construction in US Southwest
The Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) awarded firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity multiple-award contracts to 9 companies for commercial and military institutional building construction in the Southwest United States.
The maximum dollar value, including the base period and 4 option years, for all contracts is $900 million.
The 9 NAVFAC contract winners are:
- Barnhart in San Diego, CA (N62473-10-D-5407);
- Clark Construction Group – California in Costa Mesa, CA (N62473-10-D-5413).
- Harper Construction in San Diego, CA (N62473-10-D-5406);
- Hensel Phelps Construction in Irvine, CA (N62473-10-D-5405);
- R. A. Burch Construction in Ramona, CA (N62473-10-D-5410);
- RQ Construction in Carlsbad, CA (N62473-10-D-5409);
- Solpac Construction, dba Soltek Pacific Construction, in San Diego, CA (N62473-10-D-5411);
- Sundt Construction in Tempe, AZ (N62473-10-D-5408);
- T. B. Penick & Sons in San Diego, CA (N62473-10-D-5412).
Under the newly awarded contract, Hensel Phelps Construction is receiving a $5.8 million task order (#0001) for the design and construction of an industrial machine shop facility at the US Marine Corps Logistics Base, Barstow, CA. Work for this task order is expected to be completed by December 2010.
All work under the 9 contracts will be performed at various US federal sites within the NAVFAC Southwest area of responsibility, including, but not limited to, Southern California (94%), Arizona (5%), and New Mexico (1%). The term of the contracts is not to exceed 60 months, with an expected completion date of March 2015.
These contracts were competitively procured via the Navy Electronic Commerce Online Web site, with 54 proposals received. The 9 contractors may compete for task orders under the terms and conditions of the awarded contracts.