CBO Sees Through US Navy’s Backloaded Shipbuilding Budgeting
- The latest review by the US Congressional Budget Office concludes like in past years that the US Navy’s shipbuilding plan is underfunded, especially in the out years. “CBO’s estimate of the cost of new-ship construction in the Navy’s 2015 shipbuilding plan is $66 billion, or 13 percent, higher over the next 30 years than the Navy’s estimate.”
- Loren Thompson from the Lexington Institute: Why The Navy’s Next ‘Boomer’ Is The Most Important Program In The Pentagon Budget.
Use It Or Lose It
- Canada is looking to add [CTV] a 5th aircraft to its fleet of C-17s.
- Algeria reportedly received [Jane’s] the first of possibly 2 C-17s, though there is no confirmation from either their government or Boeing.
- CSIS, an American think tank, has suggestions [PDF] for federated defense programs in Asia.
- According to the Times of India, an Air India A-320 almost hit a UAV at the high-altitude airport in Leh.
- Today’s video comes from Sweden and shows Gripen JAS 39 footage during bombing exercises: