* Back in January Global Times wrote about work reportedly underway in China to build destroyer-sized patrol ships. Back then Chuck Hill speculated [CIMSEC] that such big ships could be used for more offensive purposes. China Defense Blog has purported pictures of the ship under construction.
* Today’s DoD Memo That You Can Safely Ignore: FY 2014 Climate Change Adaptation Roadmap [PDF].
* USTRANSCOM is organizing an industry day [FBO] on December 2 in O’Fallon, IL, to discuss their forthcoming needs for IT and advisory services.
Back from Space
* The USAF’s Boeing X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle is expected [Daily Beast] for its 3rd landing possibly today, at Vandenberg AFB, CA, after almost 2 years in space.
* Today’s video is a TED speech from Glenn Greenwald on why privacy matters. This is a major force shaping the environment intel agencies will operate in. This message needs to sink in, because among other things, it is shaping new technologies in ways you are only beginning to see.