US NAVFAC SW Issues up to $1B in Infrastructure Contracts
The US Naval Facilities Engineering Command Southwest in San Diego, CA has awarded a number of firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity, multiple award construction contracts for commercial and institutional building construction at various locations within its area of responsibility. In fact, it has awarded 2 very similar sets of contracts to the same set of providers. the only thing that differs is their exact areas of performance within NAVFAC SW.
The term of the contracts are not to exceed 60 months, with an expected completion date of January 2009 for the 1-year base period, and January 2013 if all 4 option years are exercised. For each of these 2 contract sets, the maximum dollar value over all 5 possible years, for all 6 winning contracts combined, is $500 million, with a guaranteed minimum of $25,000 for each contract. In practice, this means a grand total of $1 billion for all 6 contractors combined, with a guaranteed minimum of $50,000 for each. These 6 contractors may now compete for individual task orders under the terms and conditions of the awarded contracts. The winners are:
- Small business qualifier R. A. Burch Construction Co., Inc. in Ramona, CA (N62473-08-D-8607 | N62473-08-D-8613)
- Douglas E. Barnhart, Inc. in San Diego, CA (N62473-08-D-8608 | N62473-08-D-8614)
- Solpac Construction, Inc., DBA(Doing Business As…) Soltek Pacific Construction Co. in San Diego, CA (N62473-08-D-8609 | N62473-08-D-8616)
- Straub Construction, Inc. in Bonsall, CA (N62473-08-D-8610 | N62473-08-D-8615)
- Harper Construction Company, Inc. in San Diego, CA (N62473-08-D-8611 | N62473-08-D-8617)
- T. B. Penick & Sons, Inc. in San Diego, CA (N62473-08-D-8612 | N62473-08-D-8618)
Both sets of contracts involve new construction, repair, and renovation, primarily by design-build or secondarily by design-bid-build of commercial and institutional buildings and related structures. Types of projects may include, but are not limited to: administration buildings, school buildings, hospitals, auditoriums, fire stations, gymnasiums, office buildings, hangars, laboratories, and parking structures. Work will be performed at various Navy and Marine Corps installations within NAVFAC Southwest.
Work on the first set of contracts (-8607 to -8612) will take place in various Navy and Marine Corps installations within NAVFAC Southwest including, but not limited to, Southern California (94%), Arizona (5%), and New Mexico (1%).
Work on the second set of contracts (-8613 to -8618) will be performed at various Navy and Marine Corps installations within NAVFAC Southwest including, but not limited to, Northern California (82%), Nevada (14%), Utah (2%), and Colorado (2%).