NAVFAC Awards $90M in Paving Contracts for USMC Facilities in North Carolina
The US Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Mid-Atlantic awarded indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity multiple award construction contracts to 8 contractors for paving and civil-type projects at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point and all outlying fields, Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune (including New River Air Station), and other military and government installations/sites in North Carolina.
The maximum dollar value, including the base period and 4 option years, for all 8 contracts is $90 million. The term of the contracts is not to exceed 60 months, with an expected completion date of August 2014. The contracts were competitively procured via the Navy Electronic Commerce Online website, with 12 proposals received. The 8 contractors may compete for task orders under the terms and conditions of the awarded contract.
And the winners are…
The North Carolina contractors that won the 8 Marine Corps construction contracts and their contract numbers are:
- S.T. Wooten in New Bern (N40085-09-D-9024);
- Onslow Grading & Paving in Jacksonville – a small business qualifier (N40085-09-D-9025);
- Morton Trucking in Jacksonville – a small business qualifier (N40085-09-D-9026);
- TEAM Construction in Jacksonville – a small business qualifier (N40085-09-D-9027);
- Barnhill Contracting Company in Tarboro (N40085-09-D-9028);
- Sunland Builders in Newport – small business qualifier (N40085-09-D-9029);
- Trader Construction Co. in New Bern – a small business qualifier (N40085-09-D-9074); and
- Joyce & Associates in Newport – a small business qualifier (N40085-09-D-9075).