Rapid Fire: 2010-03-29
- NATO chief urges missile defense system against rogue states, calls on Russia to join. Reuters | Bloomberg | Haaretz
- UK MoD gives go ahead for full production of the 5th Astute Class nuclear-powered fast attack submarines, early material & equipment buys for #6.
- Two if by sea: Honeywell lights LAMPS for US Navy.
- DynCorp to maintain Royal Saudi helicopter fleet under US Army contract worth up to $43.1 million.
- SAIC snags $26 million order to provide IT to Walter Reed Army hospital.
- The Heritage Foundation calls on Congress for 1 day to walk to work, skip lunch, turn off Blackberries, and debate by candlelight, all to simulate an EMP attack. Like that’s going to happen (without another snowstorm).
- Pentagon revamps Afghan deployment strategy so US troops can develop regional expertise; Canada confirms Afghan troop withdrawal in 2011.
- USMC contract to Israel Military Industries for their Foot-Mobile Assault Bridge. For a better understanding of why that matters in Afghanistan, and the challenges faced by the USMC in theater, see below:
- xJmx*PTEyNjk4MDU*MjMwMjgmcHQ9MTI2OTgwNTQzNTY1NyZwPTEwMTkxJmQ9c3NfZW1iZWQmZz*yJm89MWQ2OGIzZDVjZGQ1/NDA4MzkyNjllNTE5MDlkYzg2YTAmb2Y9MA==.gif" />
Categories: ABM, Alliances, Asia - Central, Britain/U.K., Contracts - Awards, Daily Rapid Fire, Delivery & Task Orders, Europe - Other, Forces - Land, France, Helicopters & Rotary, Honeywell, Issues - International, IT - General, Middle East - Other, Nuclear Weapons, Oceans - International, Policy - Doctrine, Russia, T&C - SAIC, USA