URSGI-BMDC Wins $30M Design Contract for USMC Bases in California and Arizona
The Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) awarded a maximum $30 million firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity architect-engineering contract to URSGI-BMDC, a joint venture based in San Diego, CA, for designing complete plans and specifications for various projects at US Marine Corps bases in California and Arizona.
The joint venture will provide site investigation, geotechnical investigation, surveying and cost estimating, as well as preparation of requests for proposals for design-build projects and preparation of fully designed plans and specifications for invitation for bid projects.
The USMC operates the following bases and air stations in California and Arizona:
- Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, CA;
- Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms, CA;
- Marine Corps Logistics Base in Barstow, CA;
- Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, CA;
- Mountain Warfare Training Center in Bridgeport, CA;
- Marine Corps Air Station in Miramar, CA;
- Marine Corps Air Station in Yuma, AZ
URSGI-BMDC expects to complete the work by November 2012. This contract was competitively procured via the NAVFAC e-solicitation website with 48 proposals received by the NAVFAC Southwest in San Diego, CA (N62473-10-D-0401).