Up to $500M to 8 Firms for Military Construction in Southwest US
The US Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Southwest in San Diego, CA awarded 8 firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/ indefinite quantity multiple award construction contracts for heavy horizontal and civil engineering construction at various locations within the NAVFAC Southwest area of responsibility (AOR). The firms will provide design, construction, supervision, equipment, materials, labor, and all means necessary to build usable facilities. The total amount for all 8 contracts is not to exceed $500 million.
The firms will perform the construction work in the Southwest AOR, including but not limited to California (80%), Arizona (12%), Nevada (5%), New Mexico (1%), Utah (1%), and Colorado (1%), and expect to complete the work by July 2014. And the winners are…
- Small business qualifier Allen Engineering Contractor in San Bernardino, CA (N62473-09-D-1644);
- Granite Construction in Watsonville, CA (N62473-09-D-1645);
- Small business qualifier Hal Hays Construction in Riverside, CA (N62473-09-D-1646);
- Kiewit Pacific in Vancouver, WA (N62473-09-D-1647);
- Reyes Construction in Pomona, CA (N62473-09-D-1648);
- Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure in San Diego, CA (N62473-09-D-1649);
- Sundt Construction in Tempe, AZ (N62473-09-D-1650);
- T.B. Penick & Sons in San Diego, CA (N62473-09-D-1651).
These contracts were competitively procured via the Navy Electronic Commerce Online website with 21 proposals received. The winners may compete for future task orders under the terms and conditions of the awarded contract.