Rapid Fire 2011-08-23: 2015 UK Defence Review
- The UK Minister for International Security Strategy says that the findings of the 2015 defence review may allow the Royal Navy to operate both Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers.
- Congressman J. Randy Forbes (R-VA) sends a letter to the Secretaries of Defense and State, as well as the National Security Advisor, requesting publication of the Annual Report to Congress on the Military and Security Developments Involving the People’s Republic of China.
- As conflict in Libya reaches the endgame, defense officials and think tank analysts line up to give their opinions on the NATO campaign and its implications for future operations.
- A Turkish defense procurement official claims that Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) is in talks with Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) and Saab regarding the development of fighter aircraft.
- Lockheed Martin enters into a definitive agreement to acquire QTC Holdings, a medical services provider to the Department of Defense.
- Germany’s economic ministry reportedly rules out the purchase of Daimler’s stake in EADS.
- The US Army awards Canadian Commercial Corporation a $20.5 million contract for miscellaneous military vehicular components. A US Army contract potentially worth up to $9 million is also awarded to Materials Sciences Corporation for engineering services.
- Interest and intrigue regarding China’s J-20 stealth fighter maintains momentum with the publication of pictures showing the aircraft doing a roll.
Categories: Airbus, Alliances, Americas - Other, Britain/U.K., Budgets, China, Contracts - Awards, Daily Rapid Fire, European Union (EU), Fighters & Attack, Industry & Trends, Issues - International, Leadership & People, Lockheed Martin, Mergers & Acquisitions, Middle East - Other, Official Reports, Other Corporation, Projections & Assessments, Rumours, Surface Ships - Combat, Tanks & Mechanized, Think Tanks, Trucks & Transport, USA