Rapid Fire: 2010-02-18
- US DoD to require vendors to meet tougher cybersecurity standards.
- Cyberattack simulation highlights infrastructure, leadership gaps. What keeps cybersecurity specialists up at night?
- Pentagon cites over 100 cyber breaches at US defense contractors and agencies.
- Pwnage: US Army calls in its best VBS2 gamers for a conference.
- Lockheed Martin may battle Babcock to acquire British defense firm VT Group.
- UK begins using new “Python” for mine clearance in Afghanistan, showcases CDE research projects.
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter’s development schedule to be delayed a year.
- US Army is developing a signal-processing interface to combine outputs from different radar systems.
- Navistar’s $750+ million contract to provide 1,050 more MaxxPro Dash vehicles is expected to restore 400 jobs to the company’s West Point, MS facility, following multiple layoffs in 2009 that had cut staffing to 120.