Rapid Fire: 2010-07-06
- Aquino Keen on Defense: New Philippine President Aquino orders a review of the country’s national security posture, including possible procurement of new military equipment.
- Lord Protector: Kongsberg books a NOK 140 million order for Protector remote weapon stations from France’s Renault Truck Defense under a NOK 500 million contract to upgrade the French Army’s Renault VAB 4×4 armored personnel carriers.
- French Trainers: France said it will soon send 250 more trainers to Afghanistan, bringing the overall French force there to 4,000.
- Giraffe Radar: Saab snags SEK 190 million order to supply Giraffe AMB radar and related services to the Australian Defence Materiel Organisation.
- What’s in a Name: Other US services expected to follow Army’s lead in changing the name of its psychological operations to the more neutral Military Information Support Operations (MISO).
- Home Grown: India prepares to roll out its indigenously produced naval light combat aircraft manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics.