Rapid Fire: 2011-01-17 | Ike’s Military-Industrial Complex
- I like Ike: New book sheds light on President Eisenhower’s warning about the “military-industrial complex” on the 50th anniversary of his farewell speech.
- Chinese fortune: Former USAF intelligence officer provides insight into how US should deal with China’s growing military might.
- Now you see it…: Can BAE Systems’ “electronic ink” technology make tanks invisible?
- DARPA’s NEW-HIP program aims to replace aircraft copper wiring with photonic transmitters and receivers in a fiber optic network.
- DISA picks up pace of BRAC-mandated move from Arlington, VA to Fort Meade, MD, moving 4,272 workers between January and July [PDF].
- Up to $300 million to Harris for Falcon II RF-5800M multiband, RF-5800V very high-frequency, and RF-5800H high-frequency radios for an international customer.