USA: $10.12B for Contract Field Teams
The USA’s Contract Field Teams (CFT) Program quickly deploys skilled technicians on site to accomplishes depot and organizational level inspection, maintenance, modification and repair at operational Government locations worldwide. The program works with each of the USAF’s Air Logistics Centers (ALCs), plus USAF Air Combat Command (ACC), Air Mobility Command (AMC), Air Force Reserves (AFRES) and the US Air National Guard (ANG). CFT contracts can also be used to support the needs of the US Army, Navy, Coast Guard, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other American Federal Agencies. The program started in 1951, and the last contract was issued in 1997, expiring in 2008. Hence the new award.
The US Army makes extensive use of this contract vehicle for Army Aviation Support, and the US Navy operates an aviation fleet that is larger than most national air forces. since the roster of firms involved in these activities is very similar no matter which service is making the request, piggybacking on a fully fleshed out contract and using similar terms and conditions makes a lot of sense. FAA support, meanwhile, involves the repair of navigation equipment, electronics, and other components of civil aviation infrastructure.
Like most multiple-award contracts, the “winners” are really just given an opportunity to compete for relevant task orders. When a specific need arises, the umbrella contract’s extensive terms and conditions are already set, and bids can be offered and evaluated very quickly. That arrangement saves time and money for the military, the firms involved, and ultimately for American taxpayers. At this time $280,000 has been committed, and the contracts will be managed by the 327 ASW/FT at Tinker AFB in Midwest City, OK.
Winners under the new CFT program, with DefenseLINK announcement errors corrected, include:
- AECOM Government Services in Fort Worth, TX ( FA8108-08-D-0002)
- Computer Sciences Corp. in Greenville, SC (A8108-08-D0001)
- Defense Support Services (DS2) in Greenville, SC (FA8108-08-D0003)
- DynCorp International, LLC in Fort Worth, TX (FA8108-08-D0004)
- L3 Communications, Integrated Systems and Vertex Aerospace in Madison, MS (FA8108-08-D0005)
- Lear Siegler Services, Inc. in Austin, TX (FA8108-08-D0006)
- Northrop Grumman Technical Services in Linthicum, MD (FA8108-08-D0007)
There were also some small business set aside contracts:
- Kay and Associates (KAI) in Buffalo Grove, IL (FA8108-08-D0008)
- M1 Support Services in Denton, TX (FA8108-08-D0009)
- MacAulay Brown, Inc. in Dayton, OH (FA8108-08-D0010)
- VSE Corporation of Alexandria VA (FA8108-08-D0011)