* Senator Richard Durbin [D-IL] has been confirmed as the new chairman of the appropriations defense subcommittee. The Hill.
* The Defense Acquisition University has an updated comparison chart of major contract types [PPT], to help tell apart your FPIFs from your FPAFs.
* The US Defense Department’s Cyber Command is going to expand its staff from 900 to 4,900 people, reports the Washington Post.
* The Defense Security Service released version 2.0 of its guidance [PDF] to cleared companies on the implementation of electronic fingerprint capture.
* Le Journal du Dimanche claims [in French] that Anne Lauvergeon is supported by the French government to replace Arnaud Lagardère as chairman of EADS. Le Figaro had earlier reported [in French] that Alcatel’s Philippe Camus was also interested. Lauvergeon headed nuclear-plant builder Areva until 2011, and like President François Hollande, she was a staffer for former president François Mitterrand in the 80s.