Rapid Fire 2010-02-12: France’s DGA 2009 Program Wrap-up
- Feb 10: RF notes Tory shadow minister’s comment that Britain must be capable of acting unilaterally. Today: read Liam Fox’s full speech to the RUSI re: Britain’s coming defense review and challenges.
- Hollywood scriptwriters are preparing scenarios for the Cyber Shockwave exercise on Feb 16/10 involving top US government officials. The event is sponsored by industry and will be covered by CNN.
- France’s DGA procurement agency offers 2009 summary [ in French], says average program delays will be slightly longer.
- VCCT simulators improve convoy training, give US and allied forces an OODA loop advantage.
- Pros and Cons of Stryker wheeled APCs in Afghanistan. The Canadians know this debate well.
- Pentagon set to create a project office to manage “non standard” helicopter buys for allies – like Mi-17s for Iraq and Afghanistan.
- First flight of revamped German CH-53GA helicopter at Donauworth.
- Northrop Grumman delivers 1st AN/ZPY-1 STARlite radars for the Army’s Warrior ER/MP UAS under a $78.5 million contract.
- Northrop Grumman clarifies its SPQ-9B radar contract.
- General Dynamics awards an $18 million contract to Northrop Grumman to produce LRS-2000 rate sensor assemblies for US Army’s M1A1 Abrams tank.
- SAIC to develop integrated crew member simulators for the CH-47 Chinook and UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters under the US Army’s $17.5 billion STOC II contract vehicle.
- Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne hot-fire tests RS-68A upgraded engine for Delta IV rocket.
- VTOL UAV funding from… the State of Maryland.
- Iranian president warns Israel against pre-emptive attack.
- Japan and South Korea are demanding that North Korea return to talks to end its nuclear weapons program.
- Ike’s copy of Germany’s WW II surrender document up for sale – just $2.95 million.
Categories: Asia - Other, Contracts - Awards, Delivery & Task Orders, Design Innovations, Europe - Other, France, General Dynamics, Helicopters & Rotary, Israel, Issues - International, IT - Cyber-Security, Japan, Launch Vehicles, Middle East - Other, Northrop-Grumman, Nuclear Weapons, Other Corporation, Radars, Sensors & Guidance, Simulation & Training, T&C - SAIC, Tanks & Mechanized, UAVs, USA, WMD Proliferation