Rapid Fire: 2010-02-22
- US Air Force Chief of Staff warns F-35 Joint Strike Fighter could exceed Nunn-McCurdy limits on unit cost growth.
- Iraqi Air Force: development and current state.
- Britain, France sign Memorandum of Understanding re: Urgent Operational Request buys. UK MoD | French DGA [in French].
- L-3 to acquire Insight Technology, a supplier of night vision devices to the US military.
- Raytheon Australia gets 3-year, A$21.5 million contract to support F/A-18F Super Hornet training systems at the RAAF base Amberley. Australia’s expects 1st of 24 Super Hornets in late March 2010.
- Smart thinking under AFSO21 helps USAF improve B-1 bomber maintenance.
- New Fort Carson facilities achieving LEED Gold ratings.
- Raytheon’s Miniature Air Launched Decoy Jammer (MALD-J) completes US Air Force critical design review.
Categories: Australia & S. Pacific, Budgets, Contracts - Awards, ECM, Field Innovations, Fighters & Attack, Force Structure, Heavy Bombers, IT - General, L3 Communications, Mergers & Acquisitions, Middle East - Other, Other Corporation, Policy - Procurement, Raytheon, Satellites & Sensors, Specialty Aircraft, Support Functions - Other, Training & Exercises, Transport & Utility, USA