Rapid Fire: 2010-02-23
- As Argentina and Britain revisit their Falklands dispute, the UK conducts armed patrols, while France reportedly considers selling Argentina improved Super Etendard strike aircraft by 2015.
- Taiwan air force is not ready to withstand an attack from China, US DIA report warns. AP | Reuters
- Pakistan formally inducts 1st JF-17 fighter squadron.
- WIRED Danger Room: Where have all the MANPADS (MAN Portable Air Defense missile Systems) gone?
- United Technologies’ Sikorsky Aircraft selected for DARPA mission-adaptive rotor (MAR) technology development.
- Sikorsky upgrading its S-92 helicopters; British SAR likely to benefit.
- US Army’s proposed new IFV hitting roadblocks?
- British defense firm VT Group rejects revised GBP 1.3 billion takeover offer from Babcock.
- Israel’s Elbit Systems gets $20 million follow-on contract from defense ministry for “Snunit” aircraft trainer.
Categories: Asia - Other, Britain/U.K., China, Contracts - Awards, Daily Rapid Fire, DARPA, Delivery & Task Orders, Elbit Systems, Fighters & Attack, France, Helicopters & Rotary, Israel, Lockheed Martin, Mergers & Acquisitions, Missiles - Anti-Armor, Northrop-Grumman, Other Corporation, Radars, Simulation & Training, Support Functions - Other, T&C - SAIC, United Technologies, USA