Rapid Fire: 2010-03-17
- GAO blocks $1 billion contract award to Xe Services, formerly known as Blackwater, to train Afghan police, upholding DynCorp protest. Washington Post | Business Week | GovExec | DynCorp release
- European shipbuilder consortium (Fincantieri, Damen, Meyer Werft, STX, Thyssen Krupp) and EU sign grant agreement for 3.5 year BESST (Breakthrough in European Ship and Shipbuilding Technologies) project.
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency is looking for industry input for a robotic underground munition that would be an air-dropped mobile platform capable of drilling underground to deliver munitions. FedBizOpps notice | Ubergizmo.com | Tech Journal
- USJFCOM tests Lockheed Martin’s Valiant Angel system to sort through full-motion video from UAVs and sensors.
- New T-11 parachute doubles the number of paratroopers that can be deployed, according to US Army testing.
- L-3 gets $20.9 million order to build 4 F-16 flight simulators for the USAF.
- Canada awards C$14.9 million contract to M. Sullivan & Son to build a new 6,139 square meter health center at Canadian Forces Base Kingston.
Categories: Americas - Other, Asia - Central, Contracts - Awards, Daily Rapid Fire, Design Innovations, Fighters & Attack, Issues - Political, IT - Software & Integration, L3 Communications, Lockheed Martin, Medical, MPs & Justice, Other Corporation, Pre-RFP, Sensors & Guidance, Simulation & Training, Soldier's Gear, Support Functions - Other, Training & Exercises, USA